Two of us will be heading down under to these three cities in a couple of weeks. We both love seafood, and even though money is tight, the two-person seafood platters on nearly every restaurant menu are calling to us.
Thing is, after wading through dozens of menus and recommendations online, we still can't figure out the best place to enjoy this experience. Here's what we're looking for:
- relatively inexpensive. We've seen platters ranging from 90-200$ AUD for two. Ideally we'd like to keep it to 120$ or under for two... as far under as possible without sacrificing quality/variety.
- as many local specialties as possible (i.e. Moreton Bay Bugs)
- a minimum of fried foods (that's a lazy preparation, imho)
If the place happens to offer any of these, that would be an additional bonus:
- nice location
- casual atmosphere (we are resolute jeans & tshirt rocker types, but will dress up if absolutely necessary)
- BYO (with reasonable corking fee)
We're not sure which city would be best, but we'd appreciate your suggestions for any or all of them. Thank you so much in advance. I've been combing these boards for days now, and planning our trip around all your suggestions!
Updated 10 months ago | 0
Updated 7 months ago | 5
Updated 2 months ago | 2
Updated 4 months ago | 6
Updated 5 months ago | 7