Am visiting BC for the first time, and need my fix of the great food I've been hearing about (and reading about on this board)!
I will be staying on Robson (3N), have no car. Will then pick up a car and go on to Vancouver Island. Planning a road trip that will take me back over Whistler, Jasper, Banff and anywhere else picturesque, and am flying out of Calgary. I'll be visiting BC/AB during the first half of Oct.
I've noted down the recommendations for sushi on this board, so I think I'm ok for that and for cart dimsum. I do need your help with the following, please:
- Where do I go for oysters (casual dress place)?
- How about fish/seafood chowder and/or bouillabaisse ?
- And could I get a seafood boil or something similar this time of year? I've always yearned to try that.
- I'm hoping to sample things that are unique to BC (Edible BC at G'Isle? plus along the route)
- I'm hoping too that this would be a good time to visit wineries/orchards/cheesemakers etc in the Okanagan area and elsewhere?
- Finally, I need suggestions for Vancouver Island (I'm ok for Victoria), Whistler, Lake Louise area, please.
Thanks a bunch!!