This modest deli opened Memorial Day 2010 in The Bait Shop which has housed various delis over the years.
They use Pacific Sun olive oil, Guistos Mill flour and sea salts, dairy products from a Petaluma farm (the goat cheddar is fabulous). Poultry is house-roast, local, free-range and hormone-free. The pastrami is Kosher. They use local farmers and markets for seasonal and organic produce as much as possible ... the xx% organic part.
They cater such things as
- $5 pp tea sandwich sampler
- $16 pp panafrolantinoeurasianamricana hot buffets (burritos, Southern bbq, Indian, African, whatever)
- $ 20 pp Gourmet Farmers Market buffet
- $ 80 pp personal pirate chef pop up restaurant in your house 5 course, local seasonal, French, flambe, knive juggle and throw, jazz and bossa nova seranade, muotly true sea and safari stories, etc
This charismatic 2 person operation will cater to your tastes.
There are house made desserts made by a lady called Sierra. They include
- Disaronno chocolate in chocolate butter cream cake
- Coconut lemon curd
- Whatever is the whim of the day based on the availability of local ingredients ... apple crisp was available on my visit
Desserts are $3.50 per slice. With advance notice whole cakes may be ordered.
Here's what I had
House-roast, hand-carved turkey with cranberry compote, almonds, arugula, goat cheddar (again ... fab) red onion, fennel pickle & roast red pepper sauce
- Whim of the day
Lentil and summer berry (strawberry, blueberry, cherry) sandwich on greens
- Chipotle mango coleslaw
- Roast garlic bacon potato salad
Other sandwiches include: Cuban, Reuben, Muffaletta, Porkberrywich,(pullled pork with fresh berries), Mexican meatloaf and more.
You won't get the traditional version (unless you ask). The Rueben comes with saurkraut, white cheddar with garlic, red sauce & Dijon. Based on my untraditional turkey Holiday ... the creative twists work.
There are organic salads and soups as well.
This place is take out only.
A different meat is roasted daily. Pork one day, turkey/chicken the next, etc. There's lots for vegetarians and vegans and it isn't boring.
More details on my order in the first reply
The website (link in restuarant record) has some nice photos. Actually it photographed better than it is. It's a simple deli counter producing simply delicious sandwiches and such
Davey Jones Deli
1 Gate 6 Rd., Sausalito, CA 94965
by Chowhound Editors | The basic fried egg sandwich is a great dish in its simplicity. But we can't help tweaking, hacking...
by Pamela Vachon | After the New York Times notoriously published an article in May of last year lambasting the Aperol...
by Joey Skladany | Summer has officially arrived and temperatures are climbing way too high in many places. If the thought...