I'll be in San Juan for the holidays for a few days. I've been to San Juan many times and have enjoyed such places as Pikayo, La Casita Blanca, Aguaviva, Marmalade and Kasalta Bakery. Not the biggest fan of Metropol (which I know has its fans on this board) with the exception of their black bean soup. I've also been pretty underwhelmed at the board and tourist book fave La Bombonera, but may try again for their ham and cheese mallorca (unless somebody recommends a better place).
Will not have a car this time and will be staying in Condado. Would prefer to stay in Condado, Ocean Park and Old San Juan as we won't be in town for long, but willing to travel if food is exceptional. Open to all cuisines but not interested eating at places like Il Mulino or BLT Steak as I'm from NYC.
1. Any good stands for tripleta?
2. Where is a good version of ham and cheese mallorca?
3. How's Varita? Read pretty mediocre reviews of it on trip advisor.
4. Any good restaurants for Christmas day dinner? Had wonderful meals at Pamela's in the past, but had a pretty bad dinner a couple of years ago on Christmas. I think the B team was working that night.
5. As DH really appreciates his coffee, will probably hit Caficultura unless you have other recommendations.
6. How is Baru?
7. Any other must-trys?
Thanks so much in advance.