Just a quick note about the new Royal T Cafe in Culver City. ( http://www.royal-t.org/ )
My gf went and reported that:
1. Pastries were good. The sesame cream one is especially interesting.
2. Sandwiches included with the "high tea" were miniscule. They did not add up to a typical "standard" home made sandwich. Also, the "scones and cream" that are supposed to be included as part of the high tea were not provided. For $20, the high tea seemed high priced.
3. The mini quiche included in the high tea arrived at the table frozen. But, they made up for it by providing a free assortment of delicious pastries to take home. In general, the server was helpful and friendly and "looked adorable" in her maid costume.
4. Separately ordered "scones" were actually croissants. Not sure why they called them scones. (Is that a Tokyo thing?)
5. The menu includes a good selection of teas, including yuzu sencha, royal milk tea, genmaicha, etc.
Overall, she had high hopes going in, but felt a bit underwhelmed by the end. She says: "go for the art and the tea, but eat somewhere else first."