Four of us will be spending a week in Rome in early April, staying near the Pantheon, and I have developed the following list of restaurants from multiple sources. I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, and recommendations. We will be doing a lot of walking each day then returning for a nap to rest up for dinner. We will be using public transit or taxis as needed. I have listed the general area we will be sightseeing each day.
A few issues:
1. Saturday There was very little information about places to have lunch near Ostia Antica. I figured that we would continue on to the beach. Any better suggestions?
2. Monday I was looking at Trattoria Monti but half the web sites have it closed on Monday and the other half closed on Tuesday. Which is it?
3. Do we need reservations for lunches? Last year we were in Copenhagen and the restaurant we planned for the first lunch, even though it was completely empty, (we were early) was fully booked and we were unable to get in.
4. Are all the restaurants open on the days and meals I have picked?
5. How soon should we make dinner reservations? Are some of these restaurants harder to book than others?
Tuesday (Arrive from states/Jet lag)
L – Gusto
D – Alfredo alla Scrofa
L – Osteria le Mani in Pasta
D – Ristorante Antico Arco
L – Dino e Toni Hosteria
D – Al Presidente
L – La Taverna dei Fori Imperiali
D – Sora Lella
Saturday (Ostia Antica)
L – Al Pescatore (Lido di Ostia)
D – Da Armando al Pantheon
L – Antico Ristorante Sibilla (Tivoli)
D – La Campana
L – Ostaria da Nerone
D – Bastianelli dal 1929 (Fiumicino)
I want to thank all the people of this site for all the time and effort they spend to help educate the rest of us foodies.