Ok, so I posted a message last week asking if anyone had been, and no one responded. I went and had a spectacular meal, wonderful service, and despite the fact that my cousin, a recent culinary arts school grad is stationed in the kitchen, I'm offering as un-biased an opinion as possible!!
Here is the tasting menu we enjoyed:
1. a single oyster with a tiny scoop of cucumber sorbet perched on top, crowned with tiny black caviar.
2. a rectangular plate with two "stacks": on the left, thinly sliced, seared, coriander/mustard/fennel seed crusted yellowtail filet atop a fan of avocado, with a slice of peach underneath, with a little pool of peach puree. heavenly. on the right: similarly seared/crusted/sliced tuna filet atop a bed of teeny tiny diced carrot and fennel, with a sprig of "micro" chervil on top. only slightly less heavenly than the yellowtail.
3. a small ramekin arrived: sea urchin custard with another type of tiny red caviar floating in it, topped with a "champagne foam": the foam was glorious, like a champagne scented cappucino topping
4. mushroom/truffle broth-poached halibut, atop a puree of fennel, decorated with long strands of sauteed red onion... with the mushroom scented broth bottom of the plate.
5. cod poached in something, can't remember, maybe miso?, wrapped in thin, wide ribbons of daikon radish, topped with crunchy bits of pan fried shallots and truffles.
6. butter-poached lobster, atop a chunky cauliflower puree, the whole thing strewn with tiny bits of green apple that had been sauteed in brown butter. i don't usually go crazy over lobster. this was gorgeous...
7. dessert #1: a lacy florentine-like cookie, rolled like a cannoli and filled with yuzu-scented (like lemony lime) creme fraiche and perched atop a tiny scoop of raspberry sorbet... a mini-disk of merengue held the whole thing stable on the plate...
8. #2: i couldn't eat this one: half a passion-fruit, filled with coconut semi-freddo, topped with a pineapple beignet and a dollop of coconut foam, drizzled with some coulis of mango or someother tropical fruit... (i'm allergic to most tropical fruits)
9. a rectangular plate with two selections: on the left: a long wide ribbon of dark chocolate, curled up with crispy bits, sliced banana, and carmelized pecans floating in a creamy chocolate custard in the middle of the curl... ( the middle part was about the diameter of a quarter, maybe a 1/2 inch high, so just a bite, really....), on the right: a mini tart-tatin with a tiny scoop of calvados ice cream (really good! not too sweet) and a yummy carmelized apple-y sauce underneath.