Hi! My wife and I are heading to New Zealand in May and are putting together our list of restaurants to go. We're flying into Wellington and working our way up to Auckland. We enjoy food and although we don't spend $100s of dollars on every meal, if a restaurant is a must, we'll do it. But most important, we want good food.
1) Arrive into Wellington Airport at 9pm on a Sunday night - I assume we wouldn't be ready to leave our hotel on Featherston and Whitemore till 10pm at the earliest. Any restaurants that will still be open for a good meal?
2) Will be in Auckland for a full day so need a place for lunch and dinner. Some restaurants we read about were Logan Brown (is this really a 'gotta go and experience type place? hard to get reservations?), Finc, and Duke Carvell's.
3) Taupo - lunch - restaurant suggestions?
4) Rotorua - dinner - restaurant suggestions? Ochre?
5) Auckland - dinner - restaurant suggestions? French Cafe (reservations?), The Grove (reservations?)
by Chowhound Editors | Early fall recipes can overlap a lot with late summer dishes; it's a transitional time period, and...
by Amy Schulman | Plucking a cookbook off the shelf is easy. But pulling one that’s guaranteed to bear a recipe that...
by Noelle Daidone | Oktoberfest 2020 may be cancelled due to COVID-19, but you can still celebrate at home. Here's everything...