1. Dinner for 15-ish folks; private or semi-private room if possible (we can probably get away without this, but I might as well ask).
2. It's a family affair; mostly adults with 2 kids, so nothing too formal or esoteric.
3. Nothing TOO expensive (let's say nothing over $50pp for everything; preferably in the 35 range).
4. Nothing too carnivorous. Only one vegetarian, but most folks aren't that into beef/veal/lamb (I know, it's a tragedy). Something "Californian" or "New American" would probably work fine (chicken, seafood, some game/red meat).
5. Sonoma County if possible; more generally, within 40 minutes of Santa Rosa.
I hope this isn't pie-in-the-sky; I'm grateful for any suggestions I receive and look forward to the trip!