I fell in love with a white chocolate butterscotch block cake from a chain store in my country called Awfully Chocolate. Trying to recreate it at home but I need help identifying certain components. So the cake is made up of
1. A standard dark chocolate sponge cake swirl
2. A white chocolate component thing
3. Butterscotch glaze or icing?
1. I'm not sure if the white chocolate is a mousse or maybe american/ italian buttercream or whipped cream frosting. Can anyone help me identify it from the photo?
2. Is the butterscotch from the photo is a glaze or a frosting?
3. I found a potential recipe for the butterscotch icing. The recipe's butterscotch icing colour and texture look extremely similar to the real thing. Link to the recipe below. Thoughts?
Any tips and thoughts are welcome! It's my first time trying to recreate a dessert.
Invite a friend to chime in on this discussion.Email a Friend
by Jen Wheeler | At Christmas time, there are cookies galore, but true dessert lovers still crave something more substantial...