Is anyone else amazed at the number of restaurants that opening in the next 30 days?
1) Franklin Barbecue's real restaurant on 11th street to open first week of January
2) Odd Duck's Barley Swing to open on S. Lamar at the end of December
3) Parkside's pizza joint on San Jacinto/6th to open any day now (they've already had media previews).
4) Haddington's gastro-pub from the Mulberry team in December (though I've heard they've slipped until January).
5) Congress in the Austonian Tower featuring David Bull (ex-Driskill Grill) to open ??? (twitter feed says they are "close" whatever that means).
Plus, just last week Trace opened at the W. We stopped by (did not seem as pretentious as most W's) and had a pretty good burger. AND Soleil opened last month on Lake Travis and Texas Monthly editor called it "the best new restaurant in Texas"
In my 10 years in Austin, I don't remember a slate of new restaurants that promise to be this strong: across price ranges and from chefs and owners that have been pretty acclaimed by Austinites.
What are you most anticipating? Did I leave out anything out of note?