A friend is coming into town and I'd like to take her to a quiet bar. What I'm looking for...
1. On the Westside. SM or PP is ideal.
2. Quiet enough so that we can easily be heard when we talk. I do not care at all about the bar being popular or trendy (in fact, if that = crowded & noisy, then popular is a negative, not a positive).
3. Drinks not grossly overpriced. For me, inexpensive is less than $6 for a mixed drink; moderate is about $10; and grossly overpriced is $15 or more for one drink.
4. Not a bar that serves only beer. Neither of us drinks beer.
5. View is almost irrelevant, since we'll be meeting after dark. Although the bar at the top of the Huntley Hotel (was called "Toppers" years ago) would have been perfect, but now it's changed; it is horribly crowded and noisy, and drinks are extraordinarily expensive.
6. A nice vibe (e.g., fireplace, etc) would be a bonus, but not at all necessary.
7. A place to sit other than right at the bar would be best.
Main criteria are: location, price, and quiet.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions