We head to Provo/Orem area about once a year for business. Our meal has always been Las Tarascas, which we have heard alas is no more. Now we need to find a good place to dine there. We are from the San Francisco Bay Area and are big food lovers. Here are our parameters:
1. Price isn't a big deal
2. We will be with 3 well-behaved and adventurous kids (ages infant 5 and 7). We take them to nice restaurants here all the time and frequently hear that they are well behaved. They certainly don't need a kids menu.
3. we just want good food. Any cuisine is fine, dives fine.
4. Two are Celiac, so no Chinese, Korean or pizza/pasta joints (risotto is OK). probably not burgers unless they are really good Chains are a pain because of this too, and service is key. However, if there is a chain that has good service and good food we would consider it.
5. Nearby Provo OK
6. We come from Indian food heaven, and haven't been too impressed with the Indian in Utah - no offense.
7. We like bold flavors, inventive or authentic cuisine, fresh food.
8. For this particular meal, probably don't want a 3 hour event unless it is really good. So nowhere where we have to stand in line for 1 hour to get in (read Red Iguana)
Bonus for suggestions close to Bountiful too.
by Caitlin M. O'Shaughnessy | Interest in veggie burgers has been rising for a while now (along with the general surge in plant...
by Jen Wheeler | Looking for a way to liven up your Taco Tuesday—or any summer dinner? Want something more than a sauce...
by Amy Schulman | Esteban Castillo was raised in Santa Ana, California, surrounded by palm trees and a population that...