Some "dilemmas" that come to mind:
1. Should you often ask the maître d' for advice? Will you be better treated if you chitchat with them as some customers do?
2. If you happen to dislike every choice available in a course in a ménu dégustation, may you ask for another item from the menu? Or will they think you're trying to be smart?
3. If you ask for “une carafe d’eau”, will they tag you as cheap and abandon you - or rush you out?
4. Does anything you say to the waiter ever reach the kitchen, or do they say “merci” but actually think “who cares, man, shut up and eat - or leave”?
5. Did someone say here in Chow that some restaurants will accept that you share one menu dégustation, if you think it will be too much food?
Thank you for any insights and personal tales.
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 2 months ago | 19
Updated 1 month ago | 76
Updated 2 months ago | 15
Updated 1 month ago | 25