Reading all these Maine posts has left this former Portlander (temporarily exiled to western New Hampshire) longing for Portland chow. Herewith, a reminder of what not to take for granted, lest you find yourself living in a town without a good restaurant on every corner:
TOP TEN THINGS MY STOMACH MISSES ABOUT PORTLAND
10) Anything at Tu Casa Papuseria.
9) Sebago Brewing Co. beer, especially the Brown Ale, especially when it's $2 during happy hour.
8) Anything at Tiger Ice Cream, provided it's served in the homemade chocolate-lined cone.
7) Ezo African Restaurant. Order anything. Better yet, order everything.
6) The Harbor Special (with raspberry or blueberry pancakes) for breakfast at the Porthole, eaten while sitting on the deck, of course.
5) Standard Baking Co., especially the morning rolls, olive rolls and pain au chocolat.
4) The Flatbread Co. experience. Even better if it involves a Brownie Sundae to follow the flatbread.
3) Anything at Bangkok Thai, but especially the Pad See Ew and the Tom Ka soup.
2) Anything at Tandoor, but especially the Malai Kofta and the Masala Tea.
1) The Arabica experience. A tall latte or mocha to stay. And stay. And stay.
BONUS--TOP THING MY STOMACH STILL REVERES ABOUT PORTLAND, EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T GET TO HAVE IT ALL THAT OFTEN ANYWAY, SO IT CAN'T REALLY GO ON THE OTHER LIST:
Fore Street. Anything on the menu. Anytime of year.