I responded to a poster last year with a little LES eating tour - [BROKEN LINK REMOVED]
the lovely person who posted sent an email that they enjoyed the tour and are looking for a new tour for this years trip. I was just typing up a response regarding a "Soho Tour" and wanted to throw up on the board to get more input and ideas for the tour...
here's some favorites I've jotted down. any additions or comments on the ideas/places below would be appreciated -
Soho chow tour (all within a few blocks of each other!)
- Lupa - an all-time favorite
- Peep - Thai place with cute pink neon interior, that actually has really good food
- Jerry's 101 - one of the best traditional lunch shops in the city, great vibe & food
restaurants or places you can pick up stuff to take home and smorgasbord on later...
- Sullivan St Bakery - they have these specialty "pizzas" that are unusual and great - a must try (and loads of wonderful bread.)
- Balthazar - great for brunch, celeb spotting and lots of delicious food. also, they have a shop next door for take home stuff
- Snack - Greek cafe, sandwich shop
- Rice to Riches - rice pudding store with cool design and crazy flavors
- Gourmet Garage - olives, cheese, huge assortment
- Melampo Foods - little Italian sandwich, specialty store
close by, if you cross over to the east side of Bway - there are some other wonderful spots to check out...
- DiPalo's - fantastic Italian specialty store specializing in cheeses and meats, so much delicious stuff here.
- Ceci-Cela - another wonderful bakery - love their chocolate croissants
- Lunettes - a wonderful chocolate and candy shop
addresses & maps for these places can be found on CitySearch to map your plan of attack!
btw - I remember a similar post a while back but couldn't dig it out, if anyone can post that I'd love to reread... thanks!!