Hi all: I'm planning a nice round-trip from NE Pennsylvania to San Antonio TX and back. Although the trip has a specific purpose (I'm picking up 3 puppies), I'm also hoping to make it a Chow adventure. No Burger King for me, thanks.
So please chime in with recommendations. I'm particularly interested in exploring BBQ, but am open to any suggestions (Mex, Tex-Mex [tamales! posole!], fried catfish, regional/ethnic specialties particularly welcome).
Here's my itinerary:
1) Columbus OH: 1 day
2) Louisville KY: 1 night
3) Nashville TN: 1 lunch (Sunday)
4) long drive to Dallas TX: dinner in Memphis or Little Rock? (Sunday)
5) Dallas TX: 1 day
6) Austin/San Antonio: 1 day
7) Mandeville LA: 1 night
8) long drive to Knoxville TN, lunch in Birmingham AL or Chattanooga TN?
9) Knoxville TN: 1 night
10) drive to Raleigh/Durham NC, lunch along way (Lexington NC??)
11) Raleigh/Durham: 1 night
12) drive to Baltimore, lunch in Richmond VA
A huge *Thanks!* in advance for any advice!!
by Jen Wheeler | At Christmas time, there are cookies galore, but true dessert lovers still crave something more substantial...