my appologies for not giving full descriptions for all of the dishes. i'm running a little short on time but i wanted to let people know about this new restaurant. it's located in the new grand century asian mall on story road in san jose and even though it's a "pho" restaurant, it is fast becoming famous for another northern vietnamese dish, bun cha ca. this dish consist of tender chunk of grill catfish that's been marinated in turmeric and served on a bed of green onion and dill in a hot plate. along with this come roasted peanuts, pickle onion and carrot, thin rice noodle, a plate of greens, a light fish sauce, and a shrimp paste sauce. when i was there last thursday night, most of the tables in the restaurant had ordered this dish.
here's a quick run down of the dishes...
- bun cha ca (grill fish w/ thin rice noodle)
- bun cha ha noi (grill pork w/ thin rice noodle)
- bun bo hue (spicy beef noodle soup)
- pho ap chao bo don (deep fried flat rice noodle topped with saute beef and vegetable)
- dessert: che hat sen nhan tuoi (logan and lotus seeds sweet soup with crushed ice)
- bun nem cua be (crab egg rolls w/ thin rice noodle)
- bun rieu oc (thin noodle soup w/ periwinkle, meat and ground crab
1111 story road #1007
san jose, ca 95122