1. Sub Center (Hollywood Blvd & 441)
2. Sonny's Famous Steak Hoagies (66th Ave off Taft Hollywood)
3. Flanigans (thru out the Gold Coast)
These are my top three down here in my slice off FLA. Please provide your top three...I know there may be better near here and elsewhere in the great state of FLA, that's precisly why I'm still searching. Your insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
as an antidote to the Philly Blues....I ask that you describe said steak sammys in detail.
some say the real philly is with cheesewiz ie Pat's who had a brief stint here in South Beach many moons ago. I was definately not raised on said style. Mine was onions, cheese and steak (sometimes served with Italian sauce-sometimes not).
Here goes my description of the above picks.
1. Sub Center- A Hollywood institution, here since the 60's which is considered a long time here in FLA. They actually meld the onions and chesse into the steak on the griddle. Something several places refuse to do on account of the mess it causes on the griddle. Save room for the best Frozen Custard in the FLA served next door at Siciliano's sister joint. W O W that's G O O D
2. Sonny's is another Hollywood Institution. Very good. No melding of the cheese as I remember, but very tasty! Also offered ala Italiana with red sauce.
3. Flanigans is the best I know of down here in Dade. It's good in a sentimental way. Cheese served on top though. Dade Co has got to have something better? Your town too!