We will be spending Christmas in Paris for our honeymoon. We got engaged in Feb '12 in Paris and cannot wait to return.
We will be there for 7 nights (dates TBC but somewhere between 20th and 30th December). I imagine lots of places on my list to follow will be shut and may not have released their Christmas close-down as of yet, but if you do know if any will most definitely be open or shut, I would greatly appreciate it.
We will be cooking a Christmas Day meal at our apartment (in La Marais, 4th) but would love a suggestion for a Christmas Eve meal either from our list or in addition to it. We don't want to spend more than 50-80 euro a head (excluding drinks), and would like to avoid inflated Christmas menu meals.
FYI - prices and notes are mostly just a guide for me. If they are incorrect please let me know! Those restaurants listed as lunch only are because they are much more affordable at lunch :) However, we will need to cut at least 3 off that list.
They are all "somewhat" in order of preferences, subject to your feedback (the exception being L'Astrance - we went there when we visited Paris last year, however my fiancee was very disappointed when I told him we might not be able to go again - we loved it!!). We haven't visited any of the other restaurants listed.
1. L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon – Etoille – 40 euro lunch (every day)
2. Le Meurice –115 euro lunch (closed 24th, 25th)
3. Ledoyen – 100 euro lunch (probably closed from 22nd Dec)
4. Guy Savoy – 110 euro lunch on weekdays, must ask for it in advance
5. Le Cinq – 95 euro lunch (every day although probably not weekend, not sure of Christmas)
6. L’Astrance – 70 euro lunch (will be closed over Christmas, TBC dates, n/a weekends)
Lunch or Dinner
1. L’Ambassade D’Auvergne – 30 euro (open every day)
2. Chez L’ami Jean – 40-80 euro (closing from 22nd Dec probably, closed Sun & Mon)
3. Fish – 13 euro lunch, 35 euro dinner (open every day)
4. Saturne – 37 euro lunch, 60 euro dinner (closed weekends)