Hi Chowhounds! We're visiting Osaka for 5 days in November.
1. Are there any interesting kappo / kaiseki restaurants to try? We'd prefer somewhere with a more diverse and creative range or strong chef identity, vs the traditional style which we've had aplenty. This is what I've turned up so far:
2. Are Koryu and Kahala worth a visit? Koryu in particular seems to have terrible reviews.
3. Concierge is trying to score us seats at Saeki. Which other sushiya should we try for? UPDATE: Concierge says Saeki no longer takes reservations from foreigners or hotels :(( Thinking about trying Sushi Yoshi which seems fun, but low Tabelog rankings worry me. Alternatives are Jinsei or Tada?
4. Which seafood market is fun to visit, with good on-the-spot food?
5. Where's good for crab, without being Dotonbori touristy? Or where could we get a seasonal crab focused kaiseki meal?
6. Kyoto - apart from Gion Nishikawa, any other creative kaiseki or kappo?
Thanks! Will report back with photos.
by Chowhound Editors | The basic fried egg sandwich is a great dish in its simplicity. But we can't help tweaking, hacking...
by Pamela Vachon | After the New York Times notoriously published an article in May of last year lambasting the Aperol...
by Joey Skladany | Summer has officially arrived and temperatures are climbing way too high in many places. If the thought...