4 PlacesExpand Map
ok, 3 days with the wife... not too planned.
1. Jacques Imo's - dinner. solid solid meal alligator cheesecake, gulf fish with a sweet glazed sauce, possibly the best corn muffins + sweet potato i've had.
2. Afatchalya - brunch. duck confit and a pastrami sandwich. mediocre / slightly boring. drinks good, nice bloody bar.
3. Meril's - dinner. suprisingly good, loud, full of bachelorettes. yellowtail lettuce appetizer stellar. don't go for their wines under $50.
4. CP's - brunch. solid as always quail for the 5th time in 3 years, chicken gumbo soup, shrimp app. deserts were weak (maybe bad choices - pecan pie + apple pie). drinks solid.
5. Cure - hotel cocktail bar Freret st area. excellent.
6. Velvet Cafe - lunch. wayyyyy out down in Buras - solid fresh Refish.
5. Bachannal - dinner. cheese plate and whole fish. solid, not outstanding.
by Jen Wheeler | At Christmas time, there are cookies galore, but true dessert lovers still crave something more substantial...