Hi BC hounds!!
My 86 y/o grandfather is going to be in Vancouver for one night during a train tour of your gorgeous province a few weeks from now. He will be dining with one companion and restricted to walking (preferably no more than 15 minutes) from their hotel (the Fairmont near the Art Gallery).
I am hoping someone might be able to suggest a "grandpa-worthy" restaurant meeting the following criteria (If it exists! I realize that I may be describing an ideal, not a reality) :
1) Mains should be $20 or less
2) Great (fresh) seafood options
3) Good service (he is a lovely man, and at his age things become a little more difficult, and it would be really great to find a place with servers who are caring and patient)
4) Fresh produce (he is a country guy used to growing his own)
5) Not too busy (again, because at his age he can become overwhelmed - but he will be going earlier in the evening, probably around 6, so that might help)
Any and all suggestions will be much appreciated!! I will report back when he returns!
Thanks in advance!!!