We're doing a multi-course dinner party for 6 based on Heston Blumenthal's 'Home' book, with some courses from elsewhere. We really could use help with wine pairing and the ordering of dishes!
Here is the menu:
- gin and tonic granita
- Lamb Jelly with Cucumber Salad (amuse)
- Szechuan broth with duck dumplings
- Mushroom Jelly with Mushroom Cream
- Garden Salad with Sauce Gribiche (this has 'edible soil' with black olives - hard to match? Also thinking this could go before the mushroom jelly)
- Licquorice poached salmon
- Pigeon breast with port wine sour cherry reduction on celeriac puree
- Mint granita with apple juice
- dessert 1 - not sure - could be basil pannacotta with something else on the side.
- Palet d'or with chocolate, passion fruit ice cream and a surprising fun gelee (don't know what the surprise is - my friend is doing this one!)
- petit fours
Really hope you can help!
With many thanks,
Two keen London cooks x