10 SuggestionsExpand Map
Hello from DFW! My husband has accepted a job in Andover and we will be moving there in May/June. I've been up there a few times now to check out the area and it looks beautiful, but I have to admit I've been depressed by the grocery stores we've visited. Since I work from home I won't have local coworkers to ask, so I need your help. I know about Whole Foods Andover, which is fine, but I think I'm going to need:
1) a Mexican grocery (I'm a Texan, I need my Mexican food)
2) a good Italian deli (my son is addicted to San Daniele prosciutto)and
3) a grocery that is more "upscale" than Market Basket. My local shop here is called Central Market, it's huge and has anything anyone could want (especially a giant fantastic bakery and meat/fish department). Just last week we were at their outdoor playground and a woman next to me was talking on the phone and said it was like Wegman's.
4) a proper British pub, he's found Irish Cottage already and we've heard of the Old Court but any other suggestions would be welcome - he's a Londoner so he likes his pints and a Sunday Roast is always a big draw for him
5) a German / Austrian restaurant or bakery would be the cherry on top of the cake.
Sorry for the long list, there are past responses on here about many of these things but they all seem to be at least five years old. Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom!
400 Somerville Ave
170 Everett Ave
17 Branch St
1077 Osgood St
North Andover, MA
280 Franklin Village Drive
1 Bourbon St
63 Main St
2400 District Ave
300 Merrimack St
181 Washington St
246 High St
88 Eastern Ave
560 Pleasant St
by Caryn Ganeles | Food historian Susan Tucker included bread pudding as one of the definitive New Orleans foods in her...
by Colleen Rush | It's Carnival season in New Orleans: a period of celebration, indulgence, and debauchery leading up...
by David Klein | Welcome to Slow Cooker Week! We're sharing all our favorite Crock Pot recipes, tips, tricks, and advice...
by Amy Sowder | Welcome to Slow Cooker Week! We're sharing all our favorite Crock Pot recipes, tips, tricks, and advice...