10 SuggestionsExpand Map
Hello from DFW! My husband has accepted a job in Andover and we will be moving there in May/June. I've been up there a few times now to check out the area and it looks beautiful, but I have to admit I've been depressed by the grocery stores we've visited. Since I work from home I won't have local coworkers to ask, so I need your help. I know about Whole Foods Andover, which is fine, but I think I'm going to need:
1) a Mexican grocery (I'm a Texan, I need my Mexican food)
2) a good Italian deli (my son is addicted to San Daniele prosciutto)and
3) a grocery that is more "upscale" than Market Basket. My local shop here is called Central Market, it's huge and has anything anyone could want (especially a giant fantastic bakery and meat/fish department). Just last week we were at their outdoor playground and a woman next to me was talking on the phone and said it was like Wegman's.
4) a proper British pub, he's found Irish Cottage already and we've heard of the Old Court but any other suggestions would be welcome - he's a Londoner so he likes his pints and a Sunday Roast is always a big draw for him
5) a German / Austrian restaurant or bakery would be the cherry on top of the cake.
Sorry for the long list, there are past responses on here about many of these things but they all seem to be at least five years old. Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom!
by Arturo Rojas | A great Cubano depends on great pork, and this Cuban pork recipe is just as perfect on its own as...
by Jen Wheeler | There is absolutely nothing wrong with hummus, guacamole, or even a good store-bought dip (looking...
by Chowhound Editors | Make-ahead Labor Day recipes ensure that you get to enjoy the party along with everyone else—and that...
by Jody Eddy | Labor Day is the holiday that brings the long hot days of summer to a close. Say farewell to the season...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.