I'm currently in week 2 of a month-long stint in Modesto, and I'm looking for current recommendations, preferably in the downtown area (i.e., walking distance from 9th & K). I've combed a whole slew of previous posts and gotten some good recs there (e.g., Tresetti's, Galletto, Paper Moon, and a whole bunch of taco trucks), but more up-to-date recs would be most welcome (seems like the most detailed info is a few years old). I'm amenable to any genre, and more or less any price range (I'm not paying).
Just to make clear what my situation is: I'm with a trial team, and so meal plans are pretty much by consensus. Were I on my own I'd just try places on a whim, but with other people involved I'd rather have a recommendation to persuade them (or, alternatively, be forewarned not to bother).
So far, we've eaten at:
* Barkin' Dog Burgers (very good--review to come)
* Señor Fresh (better than the name would suggest)
* Two taco trucks (El Mexicano and Tacos Jessica #4), plan to hit a whole bunch more
* Fuzio (whatever--as I said, it's consensus dining)
* Paper Moon (like it a lot, although it's a very odd style of Chinese)
I'm specifically curious about:
* The Jamaican place at 10th & I
* The Thai place on 10th between I & J (doesn't look exceptional, but it's the nearest Thai)
* Harvest Moon (or something like that), on I or J around 12th or so
* Specific 8th St. taco truck recs (although I'll probably end up trying them all)
Thanks in advance,