I have 1 night to dine out in Chicago this coming Monday (8-26-13) I am staying in the Hyatt Regency on the Magnificent Mile so something relatively close to there would be great but I am willing to travel for a good meal.
Here are the criteria that I would love for the recommendations to meet:
1. Not Italian food. Traveling from Providence and regularly visiting NYC I have had my fill.
2. I need a place that I am likely to be able to get a reservation at (for between 4 and 6 diners) for monday (only 4 days away I notice top restaurants are booking out weeks and months).
3. Preferably laid back I would rather not have to wear a tie.
4. Creative cuisine- I am never good at describing this part of the request, but Chowhounders around the country have come through for me (NYC, Orlando, Dallas, DC, etc).
5. Love small plates if their is a large selection of them. For example I love Oyamel & Jaleo in DC
6. Service- Obviously everyone loves good service, but I am looking for well informed (know about the ingredients and techniques) but are not snobby about it if you need to ask questions (an ingredient/component I am not familiar with).
7. One of my favorite Chowhound recommendations ever was Neighborhood Services in DC. That is the type of food, service, and atmosphere I am looking for (if any Chicago area Chowhounders are familiar with that as a reference point.
8. Price Point- I would like to keep it around $150 pp including drinks if possible for dinner.
As always thank you to local Chowhounders in advance. For years Chowhound recommendations have led me to some of my most memorable meals ever.
Can wait to see what you come up with.
Updated 4 months ago | 7
Updated 1 year ago | 9
Updated 1 year ago | 19
Updated 1 year ago | 7
Updated 17 days ago | 35