We have some guests coming in this weekend from Dallas, and we need to get a reservation for a party of four for both Friday and Saturday night.
They've been to NYC several times, and are pretty familiar with the culinary scene. I've really been wanting to try ABC Kitchen, and now also ABC Cocina, but getting a reservation is hopeless!
Below is the criteria for restaurants that would fit the bill:
1) Upscale but not stuffy or too formal (upscale casual?)
2) Energetic but relaxed (as in we could talk to one another)
3) Upbeat but not trendy
4) Local crowds
5) Ala carte - no prix fixe menus
6) Lighter fare - nothing too heavy
7) Anywhere between Midtown and the Village, or the Upper East Side
Places they've liked in the past: Public, Perry Street, Waverly Inn, Annisa, Minetta Tavern, La Bilboquette, etc.
Thank you, chowhound friends!