From his new book:In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto:
1. "Don't eat anything your grandmother wouldn't recognize as food."
2. "Avoid foods containing ingredients you can't pronounce."
3. "Don't eat anything that won't eventually rot."
4. "Avoid food products that carry health claims."
5. "Shop the peripheries of the supermarket; stay out of the middle."
6. "Better yet, buy food somewhere else: the farmers' market or CSA."
7. "Pay more, eat less."
8. "Eat a wide variety of species."
9. "Eat food from animals that eat grass."
10. "Cook, and if you can, grow some of your own food."
11. "Eat meals and eat them only at tables."
12. "Eat deliberately, with other people whenever possible, and always with pleasure."
I think it's the Chowhound credo too. Sounds good to me!
by Maryse Chevriere | Food is a major part of my life. I’m more on top of dining and restaurant news than world news. My...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.