I just left a 7 ounce bar of Hershey's chocolate in my car. The temperature probably exceeded 100 degrees. But when I brought the chocolate back into my house, even though the temperature was 81 degrees (and I later measured the temperature of the chocolate at 81 degrees), the chocolate stayed liquified for days (although less so than it was at 100+ degrees). So my question is, since chocolate's melting point is in the low to mid 90s, why was it still liquid enough to pour at 81 degrees Fahrenheit?
I've noticed this previously with chocolate. Once exposed to heat, chocolate's standard melting temperature seems to drop.