After two quick runs thru the city that never sleeps, I have this to report...
1. Bar Pitti for lunch (I saw Mario Batali dining there so it must be good!) Get the Rigatoni Pitti. I read where someone compared it to crack! Turkey sausage in a pink sauce...it doesn't even sound that good to me, but I tried it based on a friend's recommendation. I don't know much about crack, but I look forward to going back...for more Rigatoni that is. Awesome! I also read where service can be snooty, well to that I say, when a place is busy there's no time for diners to be dilly-dallying. Eat and go...tables must be turned...that's the name of the game...turn and churn.
2. KATZ since 1888! By far the best Pastrami I have ever tasted anywhere. Love that billboard out front too! Poor Emily...
3. Kelly and Ping - this asian place in the village or soho on Greene St is the bomb! and cheap too!
4. Cafe Noir - nothing super special here. It was ok, I guess. To tell the truth, I can't remember what I even ate, that's how memorable it wasn't!
5. The Sushi Joint at the Martime was excellent. Nice place! Very good quality too.
6. The next place's name escapes me. It's in the Lower East Side on the eastside of Rivington I beleive. Sch* and ***??? It's another place by a fairly famous french restauranteur team/family/guy. And although it's relatively new, they made it look old with aged white tile throughout. This place was good too! Sorry, maybe someone can help me out with the name? Hey, I was on vacation and name associations aren't my strength, especially when I cannot pronounce it!!!