Since BTB asked, here's the Le Crocodile report. Our 2pm lunch ended at 6:30 and it was pretty terrific! The place was packed! Large tables too, like 20ish at a couple of them. Everyone seemed to linger past the lunch hour too, like us. When we left, a few tables were still making their way into dinner! We had 3 bottles of wine. My fave was Laughing Stock Portfolio. We ended with K Syrah from Washington State. Bill for 3 was $500 though I didn't see it, just asked and I don't know if that included tip. I know the lunch prices were reasonable ($15 - $30 range) but we ordered a few specials and didn't see or hear the prices. I'm guessing the lobster poutine cost a bit since three was a full lobster tail in it, though the pic might not show it. Would absolutely return and they did a great job considering the full & busy the dining room was today. I'll just add pictures now and tell you what they were in order:
1. Amuse Goat Cheese Almond Tart (great goat cheese!)
2. Lobster Poutine with Gruyere Cheese & Truffle Oil Special (Gone in 60 seconds!)
3. Lobster Bisque
4. Kushi Oysters with Red Wine Mignonette Special
5. Veal Medallions with Morel Mushroom Sauce (Sauce stole the show. This is what I ordered)
6. Rack of Lamb Special (I didn't hear the details unfortunately).
7. Pomme Frites - complimentary and they were the best I've ever had.
8. Filet Mignon with Bernaise sauce (Sauce was awesome! I didn't taste his steak)
9. Cheese Plate for dessert. (I was getting tired of taking photos at this point!)
Le Crocodile Restaurant
909 Burrard St, Vancouver, BC V6Z2N2, CA
by Hana Asbrink | My latest haul. Welcome to Chow...
by Dan Koday | You ever notice how a great marinade can instantly elevate what otherwise would end up as a pretty...
by Eric Silverstein | By Eric Silverstein Chef Eric Silverstein is the founder and owner of The Peached Tortilla in Austin...
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week.