On my home board (Seattle) I am always startled when someone comes in with a general and unhelpful question like, what are the best places to eat? There are so many answers! So I am coming here for help, but trying to be specific. I have done some research but I am still overwhelmed with choice for London. I am planning a trip to London, leaving in two weeks (eek!), with side trips to York and Edinburgh. In London, we will be staying in Mayfair. Given that I have left it to the last minute to make reservations, here are my questions.
1. Recommendations for a good place for a nice, but not to formal or stodgy, place for a celebration dinner. We are interested in local ingredients and creative chefs who represent good cooking in London today.
2. Good Indian, more traditional North Indian or Mughlai for dinner, with kids.
3. Places in York for lunch or dinner that again are interested in local ingredients.
4. for one upscale lunch, we are trying for Hibiscus, unless there are other recommendations.
5. are there recommended gastro pubs or cafes in Mayfair?
I hope I am not being too general, and thanks for your help.
Updated 2 years ago | 0
Updated 4 months ago | 0
Updated 2 years ago | 10
Updated 2 years ago | 1
Updated 6 months ago | 26