I'll be in London in late April with my father (mid-70s). We'd like to head out of town for a day, possibly a weekend, for a country walk. Here are the ideal criteria:
- Excellent game-oriented food
- Great selection of local real ales (hopefully some from Marble)
- In or near a charming village
- In the middle of a circular walk based at a train station (or a point-to-point walk). Walk should be no more than about eight miles.
- Less than 90 minutes by train from central London
On previous trips I've gone to Aldbury (wasn't impressed by the Greyhound), the Pot Kiln (great!) and the Sportsman (event better!). But I'd like to try something new. I've been let down by recommendations from the good pub guide and thought I'd see if any chowhounders have ideas! Thanks!
Updated 9 months ago | 1
Updated 8 months ago | 5
Updated 2 years ago | 4
Updated 8 months ago | 6
Updated 1 year ago | 10