This is a continuation of the Taqueria Search that began about a month ago. Same parameters: Each place we tasted the Guacamole and a "Chicken Taco with Eberything". Results of this phase of the Crawl are as follows:
1) Fast Super Burrito at 2933 N. Broadway. This Guac was filled with flavor, very zesty with tomato, onion, chili, cilantro. A tad mayonaissey but not irritatingly so.
2) Taco and Burrito House at 3083 N. Broadway. Very serviceable. A bit brighter green than FSB above, more chunks of avocado, just not overall as flavorful, but tasted on it's own would be quite impressive. A GREAT Guac "starter". If you wanted to buy an order then add your own chopped up avocado, herbs, etc. it would be actually better starter than FSB, probably.
3) El Nuevo Buena Visa at 3147 Broadway. Just dreadful. Completely homogenized, medium dark green. Can't really tell that it's anything more than whipped avocado.
CHICKEN TACO WITH EBERYTHING
1) La Baguette Panaderia at 2873 N. Broadway. Very clean, not overally stuffed. Served on pleasantly lightly-greasy tortillas. Nice chili-spice impact that lingers. Not overly "oniony" or "sour-creamy". Overall probably the best tasted. Certainly the one my memories are fondest of
2) About a tie between Taco and Burrito House and Fast Super Taco. Both are heavily-stuffed tacos. TBH has much larger chunks (some of which are more fat than meat). Both are heavily "sour-creamed". From my notes I may have preferred TBH slightly but from memory it wasn't particularly better.
3) Coming in dead last again, Nuevo Buena Vista. Their taco was clean, unimaginative, the meat barely spiced if at all. Basically tasteless. ALso, their chips served complimentary are dark as though they've been around awhile. TBH chips were much lighter and fresher tasting.
The standout item is probably the tacos at LB Panaderia. My ex and I have always liked this place and it stood up well vs. the competition.
It's now on to a few joints around Belmont, perhaps upper Broadway then we're going to have a head-to-head with the "finalists".