Tried the place for dinner(only offer the BBQ at your table) by recommendation of 2CHG and it is quite good. It is better than the other 2 places in this area in Newark and Milpitas(not recommended).
- it has a wire mesh heated by fire below
- separate heated broth for cooking vegetables, boiled stuff. broth has good taste better than most places i've been. definitely one of the best.
- fresh meats and vegetables
- good seasoned kalbi/ribs
- meat selection is decent although not as many as other places
- has lambs thinly cut
- seafood, same as above
- very fresh good size prawns
- cooked dishes are just average (cap jae, fried rice, etc)
- special type of noodles (brown in color) with excellent tasting broth. really good
- dessert selection is ok
- service is acceptable: changed plates, etc.
- try the dark sauce in a small bowl at the left of the vegetable section.
- it even has oysters (still closed) still in the shells for grilling
Let me know if other chowhounds has find other good places in the bay area. I also tried the one in Berkeley and two places in SF by Geary and Clement. Berkeley has the largest selection and probably the best among them.
by Amy Schulman | Calum Franklin is a wizard with pies. The self-proclaimed pastry deviant knows how to weave together...