Chowhound Presents: Table Talk with Nadine Levy Redzepi of Downtime: Deliciousness at Home | Ask Your Questions Now ›


KitchenAid mixers - going overseas


Cookware 12

KitchenAid mixers - going overseas

Radiothomas | Apr 30, 2007 01:44 PM

I've been researching KitchenAid stand mixers for a long time now (it's been a dream of mine to own one of these for more than a decade, now I'll finally buy one). But I'm trying to figure out where to buy the machine since I'm moving to Europe in a few months.

I'll need to either get a 220 volt model and have it shipped over there, or get a 220 volt model in Europe (probably used, since new the prices can be up to 100 percent more than here), or get a 110 volt model here and buy a transformer to go with it. The trouble there is that I need a big honkin' transformer to cope with the wattage surge (and having to store that somewhere), and I may still run into problems with the cycle (Europe is generally 50 Hertz, the US is 60 Hertz). Perhaps I'm better off just buying the "European" model.

Dilemma! What would you do? Please, chowers, I'm counting on you!

Also, if there's anyone here who uses or knows people who use KitchenAids overseas, can you let me know whether the attachments one can buy here will work on european models?

Want to stay up to date with this post?

Recommended From Chowhound