Oh boy -- this is going to be a toughie, hence let me ask you for your help, chowhounds!
I have my parents-in-law, my grandfather-in-law (who is 80 and can't really walk very far or very fast), sister-in-law with boyfriend all visiting in June. It is the grandfather that's really going to pose a challenge because of his restricted mobility and I know that he cannot do spicy food due to a sensitive stomach. My in-laws are also not very wealthy and have fairly unsophisticated palates, so I don't want to shock them with something too ethnic or exotic for them (I have no problem with it being Asian - in fact, I sampled smoked sugar palm grubs on my last vacation!)
So.. they are staying on the Upper East Side at the Bentley located at 63rd & York which is near my home.
1. Friday: I figured we do something pretty casual, reasonably priced, and good. Willing to cab, but would prefer to stay in neighborhood.
2. Saturday: we will probably go to a Yankees game. I'm thinking brunch before the game, dinner after the game. Grandad might be tired after the game so...
3. Sunday: I was thinking of a nice brunch, nothing too overwhelming. I'm busy the rest of the day, so I'm letting my husband take the reins in terms of food after brunch.
4. Monday: Grandad's real birthday. Where does one go on a Monday night?
5. Tuesday: Just need ideas for dinner - I have a gig at the Lansky Lounge, so it would be good for them to have dinner in the LES neighborhood.
Thanks in advance!