Chowhound Presents: Table Talk with Dorie Greenspan of Everyday Dorie Ask Your Questions Now

Follow us:

Cookware 6

Help identify a knife, blade under handle

cellomommy | May 30, 201506:00 PM

Got a wonderful knife as a wedding gift 20+ years ago. Now son is setting up his own kitchen and wants one like it. If I could figure out what it is called, maybe I could find him one.

There is no brand on it, just vanadium steel and Japan. The blade is large and is blunt at the end, but the distingushing thing is that the sharpened blade continues on under the wooden handle so that your hand is over the blade - the blade makes a loop around your hand which gives a lot of chopping power. The whole things is about 9 inches long. Anyone know what this type of knife is called?

Want to stay up to date with this post? Sign Up Now ›
Log In or Sign Up to comment

Recommended from Chowhound