In these days, as I've gained some weights, it's time to go back on diet. Many oil-free dairy-free vegan recipes are too plain for me and i can't eat anything without chili.
Here is my recipe: It tastes a little bit like a Thai soup and I can eat it in my whole day.
Wondering if anyone has some vegan soup recipes to share? And any suggestion on the variations on this soup is appreciated. Do i miss any ingredients that helps to make the soup more nutrient-balanced?
4 cups water
8 large tomatoes, mashed (antioxidants/ anticholesterol / prevent prostate cancer)
2 large carrots, cubed (vitamin A)
1 large onions, chopped (anticholesterol, anticancer, and antioxidant)
3 slices of firm tofu, cubed (healthy sauce of protein and calcium)
2 Cloud ear fungus, finely sliced (anticoagulant)
1 large potato, diced (carbohydrate)
some red eye chili peppers, finely minced ( optional, I put 5-8 but you may adjust it)
some corianders, finely minced (optional)
some lime zests, finely minced (Vitamin c) - optional
1. In a large pot, bring water to a boil. Cook the tomatoes until completely soft.
2. Remove the tomatoes and add all ingredients except coriander into the pot.
3. Remove the skin of tomatoes and mash them. Put it back to the pot.
4. When the soup is boiling, turn to a low heat. Simmer for an hour.
5. Garnish with coriander and zest when served
(it may be good to blend parts of soup but i don't have a blender)
Updated 4 months ago | 0
Updated 23 days ago | 8
Updated 10 days ago | 10
Updated 2 months ago | 1
Updated 2 months ago | 23