Throwing a very informal get-together for about 13-14 friends Saturday. I'm nervous because some of them have never been to my new house! What do you think of this spread of appetizers/christmas sweets? These are quite good friends who are also work colleagues, and we are sort of like one big happy family. We're also all drowning with work right now and Saturday needs to be a stress-reliever and laid-back fun.
Budget is a major concern--recent window replacement and unexpected car crisis has left us a little cash-strapped this month. Also, several of our friends (including my husband) have heart/health issues, so I also tried to avoid too many saturated fats (hence no cheese plate and the relatively healthy cookie recipes, and the healthy versions of traditionally sinful/trashy recipes).
1. candied orange peel (some dipped in bittersweet chocolate)
2. peppermint bark (the layered kind with white and dark chocolate, I think from epicurious though I just make it up as I go along now)
3. oat bran-molasses cookies (http://www.recipezaar.com/Molasses-Oa...)
4. triple ginger cookies (http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/...)
5. PB cookies (the eggless and flourless recipe: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/...)
1. white bean dip (just white beans, garlic, red pepper flakes, evoo)
2. bagna cauda (warmed in fondue pot) (the martha stewart recipe from her appetizers book)
roasted root vegetables, cubed and skewered on toothpicks for mini kebabs (to be dunked in the bagna cauda)
3. caramelized onion dip (http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/...)
4. baked artichoke dip (101 http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/...)
5. crudites, crackers, chips, etc
Thoughts? Anything I should add or omit? I've already made the candied orange peel and peppermint bark, so don't say those...but anything else is fair game, haha! Thanks in advance!