I would really appreciate some of your favorite holiday dessert recipes. In about 6 weeks we will have to start making those desserts again. I am really looking forward to it.
Here is my dark Chocolate ganache recipe. I scoop and hand roll this ganache and then dip it in more dark chocolate.
16 ounces dark chocolate ( I use callebaut 834 semisweet 54% cocoa ≈ 35% cocoa butter. This way I can use it both for the ganache and for the dip.)
7 ounces heavy cream
3.5 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons liqueur ( I use half ameretto and half Grand Marnier)
4 drops Loran flavor oils ( again half ameretto and half orange liqueur)
1. Melt chocolate in microwave with 30 second bursts on level 8.
2. Heat cream in pot to about 180.
3. Combine cream, corn syrup, and chocolate and stir together until blended.
4. Add liqueur and flavor drops. Stir.
5. Let set until about 80 degrees.
6. Add butter 1 pat at a time
8. allow to set up in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
You can change the flavors all you want with a change in the liqueurs and flavor oils.
If you don't wish to dip these in chocolate (only reason I do is I have a tempering machine), you can roll these in cocoa, coconut, or chopped nuts.
Updated 2 months ago | 155
Updated 3 months ago | 2
Updated 11 months ago | 11
Updated 2 months ago | 29
Updated 3 months ago | 9