I know there are a lot of threads related to sushi in Tokyo, but like many other people, I'm having trouble getting reservations at some of the famous places - Saito, Sawada, Mizutani, Jiro… We are going in October, and we missed the Sep. 1 date to make reservations at some of these places
Can anyone recommend an alternative with the following criteria:
- High-End sushi restaurant, small (< 10 seats?), sit at the counter, omakaze, serves one piece at a time
- Amazing sushi - chef is a master, known to have the relationships in the market to get the best quality fish, excellent techniques in making sushi, etc…
- Not extremely difficult to get a reservation (i.e. not as much hype as Saito, Sawada, Mizutani, Jiro)
- Allows guests that do not speak Japanese (we can have Japanese friends or hotel concierge to help us make the reservation in Japanese)
- Relaxed friendly atmosphere
(Note: We'll also check out some other mid-range sushi places, breakfast sushi near Tsukiji, but we just wanted to make sure we get a reservation at one high-end place)
There are so many amazing sushi restaurants in Tokyo, there must be so many great ones that don't get as much press, and are not as well-known to foreigners - so perhaps a little bit easier to get a reservation.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Updated 11 months ago | 7
Updated 2 years ago | 4
Updated 1 year ago | 48
Updated 1 year ago | 16
Updated 1 year ago | 5