My future husband and I will be in NYC in August. We'd like to go to one high-end resto and one high end steakhouse. We'll be celebrating our wedding & my birthday (& his love of steak?)
Can anyone recommend a steakhouse? He loves old places with tons of history.
Can anyone recommend a restaurant?
- I'm looking for something more innovative than the typical foie gras, tiny lamb chop, seared scallop kind of place
- But it doesn't have to be an El Bulli (SP?) wannabe
- I don't want a place that's super formal - I am looking for a cool, hip vibe.
- I like food that isn't tight and restrained.
- I was considering Momofuku Ko - is it worth it?
We'll be eating the rest of the time at divey, ethnic places - any recs would be appreciated too. We're willing to go anywhere in NYC.
Thank you in advance for your help.