I arrived about 9:30am on Sunday morning.
1. I like HEB. It has a great selection of a lot of things. My usual store is Westheimer/Kirkwood. It's a large store, but not a "flagship" like JC's I-10 store. It has good produce, meat and bakery departments. I can usually find most anything I want.
2. I love Central Market, HEB"s "gourmet" store. Can't get everything, but worth a trip every few months for the delicacies that make life worth living.
3. I had high hopes that the new store on Fountainview would be more like Central Market than my usual HEB.
4. I was disappointed.
5. The new HEB has a rather small produce department. I actually stopped an employee and asked, "Is this it?". He confirmed.
6. I was VERY disappointed.
7. If I lived a block or two away, it would be my usual store. It's about two miles from my office,(but in the wrong direction), and I seriously doubt I ever darken their door again.
8. It's not bad; there's no reason to avoid it, but it is nothing unique. There's no reason to make a special trip.
9. I walked almost every aisle, (not sure because of the weird layout), and I think it actually has LESS stuff than my usual store.
10. I'm not a fan of Whole Foods generally speaking, but the new WF at San Felipe/Post Oak is a much more interesting destination than the new HEB.