"Au 36," a champagne boutique and tasting room in Hautvillers, was recommended to us by a native from Epernay on a recent trip through Champagne. Strapped for time (and on a Sunday!), we were spoiled with a dégustation of 7 items made from local products of the Champagne-Ardenne region for €15:
- Beetroot mousse with trout and parmesan crumble
- Potato cake with cured ham from Reims
- Boudin blanc with mushroom pastry
- Pâté en croûte
- Champenois lentils with ham
- Chaource (a local cheese) & baguette
- Rose & raspberry macaron
Everything was delicious, and the owners were warm and welcoming. Highly recommend a visit if you're in the area and want to try champagnes from different houses!
Note: they're closed on Mondays. Check their website for exact hours.