Went to Shelly's on W. 57th last night, not drawn to food or reviews, but simply b/c we were hungry and wanted a meal. The meal was decent but the service was terrible:
1. No water or bread given until asked for
2. No glass provided for beer - who drinks out of a bottle at dinner?
3. Poor lighting - I had to steal a second candle from a neighboring table and we still couldn't read the menus
4. Waitress was unfamiliar w/ the menu, or how to cook a porterhouse steak
5. When we asked if the mashed potatoes could be garlic mashed, she said, "I'll check." What happened to "the customer is always right" and make what makes them happy? Isn't that what Rocco said the other night? ;)
6. It took 3 times to request a second round of drinks
7. The grilled asparagus tasted like lighter fluid.
8. No steaksauce provided for steak
9. No salt and pepper on table
10. Waitress gave check to us and said dismissively, "Sorry about everything...."
What I want to know is WHERE can we get exquisite service? Never mind the food, I just want service. We wasted $150 last night. Please tell me where we can go to get our money's worth!