My job is shipping me off to Sherbrooke for three weeks at the end of the month. I'm staying at the Delta at King and Lionel-Groulx, and will be working just off King and Belvedere.
I'm really not looking forward to being away from home for so long... so hopefully you all can steer me in the direction of some good eats to soften the blow.
I'd particularly like suggestions for the following:
* cafe or patisserie that has good cafe-au-lait and pastries
* pub that specialises in local brews (pref one with good food too)
* quick/cheap/healthy lunches - Vietnamese, salads, sandwiches/panini, etc
* good brunch spot (that isn't Cora's)
* a nice dinner ($50 w/o wine or thereabouts), preferably with an interesting menu inspired by local ingredients or traditional Quebec dishes.
Price isn't a huge issue, as my employer will be footing the bill. :) That said, since I wish to remain employed, I'd prefer to stay under $10 for lunches and under $25 for dinner whenever possible.
I'd also prefer walking distance, as I won't always have a car at my disposal, but I'll happily drive 15-20 minutes if there's a can't-miss location you can suggest.
Updated 1 year ago | 5
Updated 21 days ago | 27
Updated 18 days ago | 25
Updated 27 days ago | 13
Updated 25 days ago | 17