Just had a buffet lunch (USD9.99) at the newish Ghazal Indian restaurant in 131 Broadway just now. The buffet spread included:
- Murgh Makhani (butter chicken) - excellent!
- Tandoori chicken - very good;
- Palak paneer - very good;
- Lamb curry (didn't try that);
- Dhal - above average;
- Crisp onion rings (didn't try that as well);
- Gulab jamun for dessert (didn't try that);
- Pilaf rice/naan bread
Food's more than decent - very good, in fact. Service there was very pleasant as well. At last, a spot for proper Indian food in downtown Oakland (I've never quite liked the Breads of India, which used to be the only option around).