On a recent visit to the Bay area, my friend and I spent a Saturday exploring some of the great things that the area has to offer. Here are highlights of our discoveries...
- Arctic nectarines from any of the numerous farmers markets in the area -- like candy!
- Almond coconut chocolate tile with grey sea salt from Poco Dolce - first time I tried the chocolate with salt concept - works quite well
- We discovered the chocolate in a store in Noe Valley called Chocolate Covered where you can find an overwhelming selection of exotic, gourmet chocolates from the Bay area to all over the world
- Oysters on the half-shell at The Marshall Store (wanted to go to Hog Island Oysters but they were closing - at 5pm on a Saturday!)
- Awesome bread at the Wild Flour Bread Bakery in Freestone - it was past 6pm and they were already closed but I had discovered them several years ago when I was staying in Bodega Bay
- Ended the day with drinks at Cavallo Point in Sausalito while viewing the tip of the Golden Gate bridge
Pictures of the trip are also on my friend's blog: